Whether you have a brick and mortar store or offer a professional service, your small business needs a presence on the web. Even if you have no plans to consider e-commerce, there are still plenty of other reasons to build a website.
Last year, a PEW Internet Study reported that 59% of all adults on the web use search engines in a typical day to find what they’re looking for. Word of mouth and printed marketing materials are great, but the chances of your customers asking a friend or looking in business directories to find your company are increasingly remote.
Another important reason to have a website? In our increasingly digital world, it’s hard for a small business to be taken seriously without a website. First of all, a polished small business website makes it look like you take your business seriously. But if you have a great, informative website with a custom domain name and an email address that matches, it’s going to appear that you are in it for the long haul and have much more credibility.
The good news is, as the demand for websites has increased over the years, their cost and complexity has gone down dramatically. You no longer have to be a technological wizard and design guru in order to get a fantastic looking website.
Ready to start building your small business website?
- If you’re weighing your options about how you’ll create your site, here’s an infographic that compares two options: Building A Website: Do It Yourself or Hire a Pro?
- A lot of people feel stuck when the think about the task of building a website from scratch. Read our rebuttals to the website building Top 10 Myths and Objections.
- Dividing up the tasks can help make the site-building process less overwhelming. Get everything you’ll need together by learning What You Need To Start A Website.
- Learn about how Webs SiteBuilder3 can help you create a website quickly and easily in this article about Your Most Important Tool: A Small Business Website.
- Ready to get started? Learn about the anatomy of a website by Breaking Down The Pieces.
- Time to make your first page! Learn How To Make a Great Website Homepage
- Before you start creating your sites pages and menus, familiarize yourself with the Dos and Don’ts of User-Friendly Website Navigation.
- Are you going to have a web store? Webs SiteBuilder has some great Tools for Small Business Owners with Something to Sell.
- A picture is worth way more than a thousand words when it comes to the web. Make sure yours are saying the right thing with great Photo Editing Options for Small Business Owners.