Any small business owner will tell you that starting and running your own business is no easy task. During the startup stage, business owners end up wearing many hats (marketing, accounting, web design, sales, customer service, etc.) due to lack of resources, money, time or all of the above. If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed trying to do it all yourself, don’t worry, you’re not alone.
According to a recent eVoice SMB Survey, 90% of small business owners fulfill 3 or more roles regularly, with 44% of small business owners fulfilling at least 5 different employee roles. Some of the most challenging aspects of balancing a small business are juggling multiple roles, not enough time to get things done and trouble making a profit.
Fortunately, the small business owner has help. These days there is little that an entrepreneur can’t learn from a search engine query, article, video, ebook or blog post. The web is a nearly infinite resource of information, recommendations and tips—and with the right combination of automation tools, helpful advice and plenty of elbow grease, any entrepreneur can turn a fledgling startup into a successful small business.
Want to learn more about running a small business?
- Don’t have a website? Learn 5 really good reasons you should, in: Do I Really Need a Small Business Website? (Spoiler Alert: You Do)
- Your Small Business Toolkit: Resources for Busy Entrepreneurs rounds up five great, online resources for aspiring entrepreneurs and small business startups.
- Great business ideas require capital to make them a reality. Learn how to bring your ideas to life in 9 Strategies for Starting an Online Business on a Budget.
- As a small business owner, the odds of being audited are against you. How to Handle the Audit of Your Small Business will show you how to deal with the IRS like a pro.
- There’s a lot more at stake than a missed opportunity when you don’t have a website. Learn what else you potentially forfeit in How Much Do You Lose By Not Having A Website?
- Every entrepreneur faces cash flow issues. Don’t let this become a barrier for your business. Discover the 7 Most Common Financing Sources for Business: Options for Entrepreneurs
- Technology moves fast. Today’s entrepreneur must be willing to adapt or be left behind. Follow The Evolution of the Small Business Owner.
- Learn about the tools that can help you work smarter in this infographic: Your Small Business Toolkit: Resources for Busy Entrepreneurs
- Find out how when you interact with people every day you are Promoting Yourself & Your Business
- Theories are great, but here are some great Real Time Management Strategies From Real People
- Short on time but feel like you need to stay in shape? How To Stay Fit While You Work: Ideas For Small Business Owners
- If you’re constantly stressed about your small company, Don’t Worry, Be Happy: It’s Good For Your Business!
- Get more done in less time and improve the quality of your work with these 4 Big Time Management Tips for Small Business Owners